Let’s cut to the chase. You’re here because you want to learn how to make money online. I’m here to tell you that you can do it too: you can (relatively quickly) learn how to make money online. It won’t always be easy, and of course you’ll have to work hard, overcome mistakes and failures along the way. But here’s the reality; the Internet has opened up so many possibilities for people regardless of age, position or background to build a sustainable online business or a side project that can make extra money online every single month.
There is no better time to build a business and make money online than now. With over 3.2 billion people now actively using the Internet, we are in a major transformation in the way the world does business. We live in an era where there are no longer any limits on what you can achieve based on location or lack of financial resources.
If you have an Internet connection and a few Euros in your bank account, there is little to stop you from making extra money online. There are literally hundreds of smart ways to make money online. Give online surveys, rent or sell your old clothes, throw your iPhone to someone in another country and even buy cheap products locally, only to resell them at a higher price on Amazon. There really is no shortage of unique ways to make money online.
But don’t fall into the trap of “Easy Money” There’s no quick way to get rich online. Most of the quick ways people talk about when it comes to making money online are not real business. Sure, some of them can be good for creating a few hundred or even thousands of euros in one-off income. But they won’t help you unlock financial freedom and gain complete control of your lifestyle.
The Internet has opened up so many opportunities for entrepreneurs and forward-thinking workers. But it has also opened up considerable competition. Here’s the hard truth: the only way to make money online in a lasting way is to put in real time, effort, blood, sweat and tears.
Note: As Amazon Affiliates, we earn money from eligible purchases of items on this site.
57 methods on how to make money online today
We will start first with the top ten ways to make serious money online (with a long-term focus).
If you are looking to build a real online business or start a side business idea that has the potential to really change your life (and you are not afraid to invest months and years of work in the business), this is where you should start. The following ideas have the best potential to create a steady flow of recurring revenue. It will take a lot of effort. But if you’re willing to work, it could change your life.
Well, now let’s get into the ultimate guide on how to make money online.
1. Moneyfarm: the alternative to the deposit account to manage online investments
Moneyfarm is an excellent platform for online investment management and is also a financial advisor. It offers an excellent and secure service that allows customers to invest their savings online. But where to invest? Moneyfarm advises you by proposing to invest in one of the group’s portfolios, selecting it from those proposed according to your needs expressed through a questionnaire. Rates vary based on the capital you have chosen to invest. It starts from 1% per year (for example on 20,000 euros it costs 200 euros a year). This is certainly a very convenient figure compared to the 2-3% required by the banks, and calculates that it is possible to go up to 0.3%. Moneyfarm offers you financial products that are designed to offer medium and long-term returns. Each portfolio holds different Asset Classes (such as stocks, bonds and commodities), geographic and currency areas.
2. Binck Bank: investing securely online
The BinckBank group, active since 2012, specializes in online investment services in instruments listed on regulated markets. Binckbank is reliable and safe, and the platform is linked to one of the largest European players in the field of online investment services (the broker is also listed on the stock exchange).
Binck Bank makes the same technical and operational resources available to private investors as professional traders. Bink Bank offers a competitive commission model. In partnership with Fundstore, the best-stocked fund marketplace in Italy, to date they offer more than 5,000 products and 140 Italian and foreign management houses.
Through the online platform it is possible to access:
- over 20 stock markets
- to trade thousands of shares in foreign currency
- choose between Italian government bonds, «Core Europe» and emerging countries, US government bonds as well as supranational bonds
- bank, corporate and structured bonds
What it offers:
- More than 18,000 stocks
- Bonds and government bonds
- CW and Certificates
3. Housers – investing in the real estate market
This platform has over 50 thousand users and allows you to invest in real estate with a minimum capital of 50 euros.
Housers is the first savings and investment platform that revolutionized the rules of the game by making it possible to democratize investments in tangible assets. Housers allows you to invest in assets that you can see and touch as all investments are always connected to real and tangible assets. Investment and savings opportunities have a very low risk of total loss and characterized by low volatility. Here’s how it works:
- you can participate in the purchase of the property in question, by financing companies that will invest in that project
- those who joined obtain an annual return based on the agreements signed on the platform
- The real estate investments made may also be resold in a special MarketPlace.
Who guarantees the investments on Housers?
Payment is guaranteed by the Lemon Way Institute, to deposit and transfer funds securely and transparently.
4. TradeApp: invest with 5 € from your smartphone
TradeApp is a smartphone application that allows you to invest, even if you are a beginner, with only € 5. TradeApp offers a step-by-step guide and very useful if you are a beginner, it covers the first 5 loss investments to help you learn without risk. TradeApp is the most downloaded application to start trading online even if you are at the beginning.
Unfortunately online trading is often not accessible to everyone because it requires skills and experience. TradeApp wants to solve this problem by guiding you step by step to make you autonomous with ease and simplicity.
5. Build a niche blog (or website) and use affiliate marketing
If there is a niche that interests you and you can build a decent audience around it, starting a blog and using affiliate marketing to generate revenue is an incredible way to make money online.
After examining how to choose a niche for the blog and launching your blog (or niche website), the next step is to understand which products and companies you can collaborate with as an affiliate to facilitate sales of a useful product for your audience. of future readers.
In short, affiliate marketing is selling someone else’s product by referring customers to their online store. If you can create content (on a blog) or such a valuable resource for people looking for a particular product and then send it to where they can actually buy it, you will receive a predetermined percentage of each sale.
Let’s start with the basics of building your niche website and blog, then let’s get into how affiliate marketing will work for you.
First, you need to research and validate a profitable affiliate niche. This means: are there companies in your niche that will pay you to send their customers?
You can check it in several ways:
- Become an Amazon Associate and then use the keyword planner to find a popular niche: with over a million different products to choose from and up to 10% sales commissions you drive, the Amazon affiliate program is a great place to departure. Browse their available products and see what connects to you. Or go one step further and use Google’s Keyword Planner to quickly do some keyword research and check how many people are looking for a specific term. With affiliate marketing, the more traffic you can attract, the more you will earn from your site.
- Sign up for a reputable affiliate network: In addition to Amazon, there are dozens of large reputable affiliate networks such as Tradedoubler and Zanox (to name a few), specializing in connecting you with merchants looking for affiliates to sell their products.
- Search for individual companies in your desired niche: if possible, it is always better to become an affiliate directly with a company (if they have an internal affiliate program), since no one else will dive into your commission rate. This is the preferred route for most major affiliate retailers. Unfortunately, it is also a more tiring job, as you will have to do the research yourself to see who offers programs (they are usually listed in the footer of the website).
Now that you know your niche and have signed up for relevant affiliate programs, it’s time to create your blog and learn how to write a blog post that can drive traffic on your way.
Start by learning how to name a blog and buying its domain name which works for your niche on a domain registrar like Aruba, GoDaddy or Siteground.
Once you get your domain name, you will need a platform on which to build your site. Although you can choose a free option like Tumblr, Blogger, WordPress.com or another website builder, these won’t give you the flexibility or authority you need to build a truly successful affiliate site.
I advise you to rely on professional hosting such as Siteground.
So, once you have identified the domain name and hosting, it’s time to choose a CMS or Content Management System, which will allow you to update the pages, create your blog and integrate with all the other services you have. need. It’s hard to go wrong with WordPress: CMS powers nearly a quarter of today’s Internet sites.
Now, we advise you to choose a professional WordPress theme, on Theme Forest there is a wide choice of professional and performing themes to choose from.
Finally, once your blog is officially launched, it’s time to start creating content that will drive traffic to your affiliate partner’s site.
While it often takes a long time and hard work to increase your affiliate’s revenue, if you have the ability to regularly publish high-quality content that drives targeted traffic to your website, this online revenue source can become quite substantial.
6. Start and cultivate a startup
Do you dream of running your own business one day? Building and scaling a high-growth startup, while by far the hardest way to make money online, probably has the most positive potential.
There is money in the air and if you can successfully create an online service, tool or market that meets a rapidly growing market need, you may be well on your way to creating a very valuable business. However, it will certainly take an intense dedication of time, effort and financial resources.
Unlike many other activities that we will cover, startup founders face a multitude of variables that can hinder success.
First of all, you will want to have a high level of domain experience in the sector in which your startup will operate. This means a deep knowledge of your customers, the problems they face and an idea of the potential solutions they will be willing to pay for. This is the minimum necessary to get started.
Next, you will need to know the other main players in the space who could be good partners or acquisition opportunities, as well as an intimate knowledge of how to raise funds, market your product, hire and manage the best talents and keep you financially “afloat”.
So where do you start when building a startup?
The most important thing you need before doing anything else is a problem. What do people who don’t have yet need? What solution is currently available but which can be improved? This alone is the basis of any great startup.
Once you have that problem that needs to be solved, the next step is to validate that idea and make sure you actually have customers who will pay for it. This means building a product, getting objective feedback from real customers, incorporating updates, testing the market for demand and getting price feedback to ensure that there is enough margin between costs and what consumers are willing to pay.
Lastly, you need money to make money. Start-ups can cost a lot to take off. So with your idea and market validation consolidated, there are a few different paths you can follow to get your starting money.
- Bootstrapping: this means that you will self-finance your business. Even if not everyone will have the funds to pay for everything they need to start a startup, bootstrap means keeping 100% control over your company. If you manage to start and maintain your business, most likely you will never have to work another day of your life.
- Pitch / Angels / other investors: if you need a lot of money to grow your startup, we recommend that you put together a launch deck and reach out to investors who may want to give you the money you need in exchange for an episode on your company.
- Crowdfunding: Crowdfunding is based on a widespread financing system: instead of asking a single financier for all the capital needed for the project, with this system you can turn to a large number of financiers, who finance a “small” share of the capital required, up to the total amount requested. Among the best known portals we find Crowdfundme.it and Mamacrowd.com
Once you get the budget, it will involve acquiring customers, validating the market, increasing capital and growing.
Of course, this is a simplified version of everything you need to build your startup. Fortunately, there is now more support, education and access to finance for today’s startups.
7. Creation and sale of software
Right now there is an insatiable need for useful software.
Whether it’s an important consumer application, a specialized app to solve a particular niche problem or even a game that wastes time on your phone, you can create a very successful business if you build software that helps people. (Watch the rise of Slack, the team communication software that has gone from a secondary project to a billion dollar company in just 2 years.)
Now I know what you’re thinking. Most of the software and apps you use regularly are made by large companies or established development studios. Well…yes. But many successful apps, especially those in the Apple and Google stores, are created and marketed by individuals and small businesses. In fact, independent developers made $ 20 billion in the App Store in 2016 alone.
There are two basic ways to make money online by creating software.
The first follows the startup path we outlined above: you have a disruptive idea for an app or piece of software, validate the idea with real customers and then collect money to hire developers or development studio to build, launch and resize your software. If you’ve done everything right, your software will be accepted on Apple and the Google Store and you will make money every time someone downloads or pays for a premium feature.
The second (and cheaper) path assumes that you have all the skills to develop and build the software yourself. Of course, it will take longer to get your product off the ground, but being able to start developing your software allows you to maintain greater ownership in your business and be more in control of your path, bringing this to a lower cost but with greater investments over time.
If you are willing to take the time to learn the development skills needed to create high quality software products, there is a growing list of courses and online learning platforms.
8. Start an e-commerce site and sell physical products
If finding a better solution to a problem of hundreds or thousands of people doesn’t seem like an option right now, you may be more appropriate to open a virtual store and sell physical items.
Today, this couldn’t be easier. Sites like Shopify have made it easier than ever to create a powerful and customizable e-commerce site in a couple of days and start selling products right away.
This is probably one of the oldest and most proven ways to make money online. Many digital entrepreneurs have created sustainable businesses:
- Creating physical products that know people in their favorite niche.
- Purchase low-cost goods manufactured in foreign countries, repackage or combine them with other products and sell them at higher prices on domestic online markets
While you will surely have higher levels of success if you manage to create and market your product from scratch, from my experience (and that of many other entrepreneurs), I know the extremely high costs and risks associated with starting a new product.
Instead, if you can find a solid product that has already been manufactured at a reasonable price by a market like Alibaba and market it to your audience, you will have the opportunity to start a profitable e-commerce machine faster.
Now, let’s get into the heart of how your online store will work.
Whether you are selling your new products or reselling other products, you still need to consider how much stock you can support, how you will finance the initial purchase costs and where you will store your inventory. Remember, even if you avoid paying rent in a physical store, you still have to keep your inventory somewhere.
There is another option that has become incredibly popular in recent years called drop shipping.
With drop shipping, you are collaborating effectively with a manufacturer or wholesaler to sell their products. In this way, you do not pay the initial costs to buy the inventory, you do not sit on unsold items occupying expensive warehouse space and you do not have to deal with the shipment of products. You simply have to create your site, fill it with shippable drop products and attract customers, with almost everything else done for you.
Of course, there is a higher price per product and your margins are lower, but you are able to start your online store with little more than a Shopify theme and some hosted images of your products. When a customer makes a purchase, he in turn purchases the product from his supplier who sends it directly to the customer.
No inventory. No products to manage alone. No hand shipping. It looks quite surprising.
If you want to integrate the sale on your online store with other markets, here are some other highly profitable options:
- Amazon: Instead of drop shipping, Amazon allows you to store your products in their warehouses, making them available for free shipping in 2 days to Prime members. Which has been shown to significantly increase sales.
- Etsy: if you have handmade or smart products, Etsy is an excellent market to market and sell (bonus points if your product is aimed at a more female audience)
- eBay: the online auction giant is still at stake and is particularly suitable for the sale of electronics, gadgets, clothing and clothing and accessories.
9. Become a freelance and sell your services
If you have a marketable skill, such as writing, designing, web development, marketing, project management or anything else, one of the easiest ways to make extra sustainable money online is to become a freelancer.
And while the choice of freelancing may not be as scalable as some of the other ideas we talked about, it is not uncommon for freelancers to build healthy six-figure activities themselves.
There is a lot of work and customers to find. If you know where to look. To get started, you need to understand if there is enough demand for your skill. Start by looking for freelance ads on sites like Addlace, Upwork and related or one of the dozen Facebook groups dedicated to specific niches.
How many publications are there for jobs similar to what you do? If there is a decent amount and there seems to be constant demand, put those skills on a shortlist and start researching the companies and industries they are hiring.
Here is a short list to get started:
- Decide what your goal is: do you want some extra income or are you looking to become a full-time freelancer? It takes time to grow a freelance business that works from home, so it’s important to know your goals from the start.
- Find a profitable niche: we talked about it a lot. But where are you most comfortable. Which niche do your skills, values and interests intersect? Do you have 10 years of experience as a technical writer? Do you have long-standing PR relationships that will be invaluable in helping startups launch a successful crowdfunding campaign? Determine what makes your value unique and focuses strongly on showing that strength to your potential customers.
- Identify target customers: write down exactly who you want as a customer, then start searching for those companies and make your list. We advise you to align your portfolio with the target customers you would like to work with.
- Set strategic prices: Remember that the 10 € -20 € / hour you earn in your job as an employee does not come close to the hourly rate that you should charge to your customers as a freelance, in order to create the same net annual income.
- Send emails and find your first customers: now is the time to hunt down customers. Mention them in your content. Contact them by email or LinkedIn. Personalize your site and your portfolio to show what kind of value you bring to the table. Offer yourself for small unprofitable jobs at discounted prices, this helps the customer to accept your collaboration more easily and at the same time learns to know you. After that, if the customer has become fond of your professionalism, you will be able to ask for more adequate rates and your customer will also want you for more important and lasting jobs.
10. Online coaching, sell your skills
Similar to selling your freelance services, you can also start selling your knowledge and advice in an area where you specialize as a coach or consultant. If you can offer yourself as an expert, there are tons of people out there willing to pay for your time.
Being a coach or an online consultant is a great way to make money online, since instead of offering your customers continuous results (like when you are a freelancer), you are teaching them to be better, faster, stronger than the competition. Your experience becomes the product you are selling.
Even better, if you can find ways to bring your experience and coaching skills together in an easily digestible program, you have the potential to significantly scale this business model.
Like selling services, online consultancy is also not scalable as it only limits the time you can provide.
That said, it is also one of the quickest ways to set up and start generating revenue. All you really need is a channel to help you find your first customers.
11. Create online courses to pass on your knowledge
If you are already an expert in a topic, whether through your current job, freelance activity or coaching, you can package that knowledge into a high-value course and sell it for years to come.
And while creating, launching, and marketing an online course requires a significant amount of initial effort, their earning potential is skyrocketing (especially compared to many other online ways of making money we’re talking about).
Courses and other knowledge products such as e-books are what are called passive income. This simply means that once the time and effort has been anticipated, with just the addition of some regular maintenance and marketing you will be able to continue selling and making money from them for months and years.
So how do you go about putting your course together? Here are some tips:
- Start by taking other courses that interest you: not only does this important competitor and analysis of opportunities, but it also gives you an idea of what a course might or should look and be. What is stimulation like? Is it via email, video, chat in person? Once you understand how you want your course to look, it’s time to decide what it should include. These same courses are an excellent starting point. How can you make your course better or more interesting? Do you have experience that others don’t have?
- Choose your niche and verify the question: the ideal course combination is when you can find a niche required in line with your unique skills and experiences. A great way to do this is to use Google Trends, Google’s Keyword Planner and other SEO tools to perform keyword searches and search for an average monthly search volume for keywords related to the content of the proposed course.
- Find your partners, collaborators and niche champions: while creating your course, look for important people who are creating similar content. See how their businesses work and incorporate them into your plan. You can also contact all the influencers and make them affiliated for your course. In this way, they will be incentivized to share your content with their audience (which can be an important way to generate your first sales).
- Build your audience on a community of courses: if you have just started building an audience for yourself and want to take advantage of communities already actively looking for content, you can choose to host and sell your online course on a site like Life learning, Corsi.it or Udemy. These are simple and inexpensive ways to build an audience and test your niche for demand.
- Market your course: the beauty of using a course to make money online is that you can continue to sell it for as long as you want. Search for niche communities on Facebook, LinkedIn or Reddit that could benefit from your content. Write guest posts on relevant sites. Search wherever you are able to put yourself in front of the right people. With a few hours a month you can continue to generate sales.
12. Start a YouTube channel to entertain and educate
While YouTube recently changed its monetization program, if you’ve managed to hit the new minimum threshold of 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 hours of viewing in the past 12 months, it’s still an incredible place to earn money online.
YouTube is probably the second largest search engine in the world (after Google) and is the third most visited site in the world. In 2017, nearly 5 billion videos were watched on YouTube every single day!
Instead of making money through signups, YouTube channels are based on a traditional advertising system. It means the more viewers you get, the more you earn. Once approved for the YouTube Partner Program you can start including advertisements on your videos, with every 1,000 views, you will get around $ 2- $ 4. That may not seem like much, but if you have 100 videos with 5,000 views per month each, it would already be $ 1,000 – $ 2,000. Imagine if your videos start hitting millions of views!
Building a YouTube channel is very similar to starting a blog or website, except that you are working with videos and not with words. The first step is to choose the type of video you will create. The most successful YouTube channels fall into one of two categories:
- Educational content: people always want to find the fastest way to learn something new. And searches on YouTube including the phrase “how. .” are growing 70% year on year, making YouTube an incredible place to teach what you know.
- Entertainment: Web series, product reviews, sketches and jokes of comedies, vlogs, even video games: there are many different ways to entertain people through your YouTube channel.
Next, you need to set up and build your YouTube channel. Your YouTube channel is your starting point for all your content. If you already have a Google Account for Gmail or Google Drive, you can use it to sign into YouTube and start setting up your channel. Choose a username that works for you and is memorable.
We also recommend that you find your YouTube channel more easily by adding relevant keywords in the “Advanced” section and selecting your target country (where you think most of your viewers are). If you have a blog or personal site, add it as an “associated website”.
Now is the time to start creating and uploading content. Make sure you’re using a sufficiently high quality camera (most smartphones will work, but I’d at least suggest having a tripod so your footage isn’t shaky), but don’t worry about being perfect in the beginning. The beauty of YouTube is that you can continue to test different content and styles while finding what works for you. At the same time, stick to regular planning to build your subscriber base.
You can optimize your videos for higher rankings by experimenting with eye-catching descriptions and previews and using relevant tags. You have to stand out and make people want to click on your video.
When you start posting content regularly, hopefully you start building a little audience. But to start seeing real money from YouTube, you need to market your videos elsewhere. Share your channel on Twitter and Facebook. Distribute videos wherever you can think. Also, interact with the comments and build a community around the videos you are making people share it with their friends.
Once you reach the threshold of 1,000 subscribers / 4,000 hours, you can start monetizing your videos by selecting “Monetize with ads” in the Monetization tab of your channel. While it may take some time to create a decent following for your YouTube channel, it can be a lot of fun to do and become a constant source of extra revenue.
13. Record a podcast and share inspiring stories
Podcasts are in vogue right now, and for good reason. More and more people are looking for passive ways to welcome content. Which makes them an excellent opportunity to build an audience and make money online.
And while it will take some time to create an audience large enough to attract advertisers and other ways to earn extra revenue from your podcast, the opportunity is there. John Lee Dumas interviews entrepreneurs seven days a week for his Entrepreneur on Fire podcast and now earns more than $ 200,000 a month. In fact, John publishes all of his online revenue and has shown he has made nearly $ 13 million since its launch in 2012.
The podcast market is constantly looking for new quality content. And fortunately for anyone looking to get started, it is now easier than ever.
Starting a podcast, such as creating a YouTube channel or blog, boils down to telling interesting stories and creating an engaged audience. It probably sounds like a broken record by now, but you need a niche of interest and that already has a request. Create a list of topics you would like to talk about and then search the iTunes, Google Trends and other podcast search sites like cast.market to see what’s currently and what’s popular.
Next, you will need the right tools. It can be complicated or simple depending on your needs with audio equipment, but surely you will need a microphone and software to record your voice. Companies like Behringer, Marantz, Rode and others sell professional-quality plug-and-play podcast configurations that can get you registered right away.
Now is the time to plan your show. If you are doing an interview-style show, you will now want to start engaging some guests. You can use your existing social network to contact people you already know or with whom you are connected on Twitter or Facebook. You can also go to Medium or Amazon to find authors or experts on specific topics for your niche.
After collecting a list, put together an awareness email template. Tell your potential interviewee who you are, what your podcast is about and what you are asking them. Do some test interviews with friends and family to make sure everything is recorded with the quality you want and then book your first episode.
If you like learning new software or have experience with audio editing, you can put the show together on your own. Otherwise, there are many services that you can find that will help you modify and build your show in places like UpWork and Fiverr.
Congratulations! Now you have a podcast episode ready to be uploaded to iTunes, SoundCloud or elsewhere and promoted along with the rest of your content!
The last step is to decide how to market and monetize your podcast. The greater the audience, the greater the possibility of monetizing it. Use WordPress to create a simple site for your show and start sharing episodes on your network. When you’re ready to monetize there are a few options you can choose from:
- Traditional advertising (sponsor)
- Sell your products
- Donations and crowdfunding
- Selling content “for subscribers only”
- Put on live shows
A word of advice, don’t just do one of these things, if you can do them all!
14. Join a remote part-time (or full-time) company
While most of the online money making ideas we’ve covered so far can be done as a parallel business, if you’re looking to completely change your career and start working online, there are thousands of companies trying to hire whoever doesn’t care where you.
More and more companies and start-ups, in particular, are embracing remote work, where you use online collaboration and communication tools to carry out your work wherever you want. And you don’t have to be a designer or programmer with twenty years of experience to take advantage of the benefits of working remotely. Many remote positions are for customer support positions or other customer-facing positions that do not require specialized skill sets.
Better yet, they’re not all full-time either, which means you can find a remote company and a job that works as a way to make extra money online.
If you are interested, here is a list of some of the best places to find a remote job today:
- We Work Remotely
- Skip the Drive
- Virtual Locations
- Remote OK
- Working Nomads
- Europe Remotely
- Authentic Jobs
- The Muse
15. Other earning opportunities
Now, let’s talk about the rest of the choices for the best ways to make money online.
If you are looking to build a new online career or test yourself in launching a small business, the top ten ways we have just talked about are some of the best long-term ways to make money online. However, as with many people, you will probably want to find other fast online business opportunities where you can start seeing a return faster.
Is an excellent idea. Of course, making money online requires patience and effort. But there are many proven ways to start making money today without the long lead time of setting up a startup or getting your freelancer off the ground.
Also, regardless of your career, it’s important to diversify where your earnings come from. This means having multiple streams of revenue from multiple sources, such as selling your freelance, affiliate and passive income services, as well as coaching and other disparate jobs online.
This will not only multiply the money you are seriously carrying, but will protect you from any sudden changes in the market or in your business. Remember that old saying about putting all the eggs in the same basket? A few hours a week engaging in one or two of the following opportunities will put you in a much stronger position to be financially secure and independent.
So regardless of your specialty or niche, there is a way to use your skills to bring extra money online for you here:
16. Testing websites
You probably have a pretty strong idea of what makes a good website. Is the design clean and easy to navigate? Does the content make sense? Fortunately, there are many people out there who want to hear your opinions. And they’ll also pay you decent money for it.
To test these websites, you will be asked to visit the website in question and record your reactions and thoughts as you browse it. To start making extra money online by testing websites, sign up for some of the most popular services like crowdville.
17. Telling audiobooks
The audiobook industry is booming, but only 5% of the books have ever been transformed into audio format. If you have an acting background, or if people said you have a voice made for the radio, you can make extra money by recording audio versions of independent and popular books. Sites like ACX connect authors with audiobook artists. So, whether you are an author looking for other ways to sell your book, or an actor / voice actor who tries to earn something more, you can sell your services online.
18. Writing and selling an eBook (Amazon Self-Publishing)
Many people dream of writing a book, but they never succeed. Still, no matter what it is, I’m sure you have experience and value that you could give by writing a book. By putting your skills and knowledge together in a downloadable eBook that helps people learn a skill, advance their career or start a business, you can change someone’s life and even make good money online.
You can upload your book to one of the largest book markets in the world: Amazon. With Amazon’s self-publishing, you set the price, maintain the rights to your book, and access the vast Amazon audience. For each sale, keep 70% with Amazon taking the rest of the payment. If you want to get started, check out Tara Gentile on CreativeLive as she shows you how to use your existing body of work to write an eBook within the next week. Who knows, you could write one of the best business books this year!
19. Run micro-jobs on Amazon Mechanical Turk
Amazon Mechanical Turk is a service that allows you to earn online by making paid microtasks. Each activity is something simple that requires human interaction such as evaluating search results, verifying the correct spelling of search terms, categorizing the tone of an article or even basic translation. You can carry out these activities wherever you want and make money online from the world’s largest online retailer.
20. Participate in independent job sites
It may take some time to develop your personal freelancer business. However, there is more demand than ever for freelancers. So if you want to start making money online with freelance, you can join one of the best freelance networks, such as Adlance, Upwork or Fiverr. Sign up, create your profile, upload some examples of your work and start making extra money doing small freelance jobs.
Even if you already have experience or freelance customers, these networks can be a great way to supplement your earnings and continue working without spending too much time.
21. Sell your services on niche sites like 99Designs
If you are a worker specialized in a specific niche, such as marketing, design or software development, there are specialized markets that satisfy only you. These are fantastic places to make money online because you know that the people who visit them specifically search for the skills you have. Discover places like 99Designs or Dribble for designers, Cloudpeeps for marketing and SEO professionals and TopTal, Crew or Gigster for high-level software developers. After developing your development skills, you can start building a brand for yourself as a high value consultant and start working on bigger and bigger projects.
22. Realizes graphic projects for local companies
Walk around your neighborhood or town and I’m sure you’ll see tons of big local businesses with terrible design. However, with ever more user-friendly tools like Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Gimp and Canva (why not?), Practically anyone with a creative mindset and a good dose of motivation can start making money online by being a graphic designer for local businesses.
23. Email marketing with a niche newsletter
How many email newsletters have you been bombarded with every day? There is a reason for this. Email marketing to an actively interested group of email subscribers is one of the best ways to make money online. There have even been multi-million dollar companies built from simple email newsletters. Each newsletter is aimed at a specific type of user with interesting and daily content, also collaborating with relevant companies and affiliations to earn extra money. If this seems disheartening, it is not. Email marketing tools like MailChimp, Mailup and Tinyletter make it easier than ever to get started with email marketing.
24. Sell products on a Shopify store
If you are serious about making money by selling items online, it is practically impossible not to recommend Shopify. The platform offers you everything you need to run your online store in less than a day including a custom domain, beautiful models (so you don’t need design skills), secure payment options and they can also handle marketing and shipping. for you. Whether you are promoting your products, projects or looking after other products for people in your niche, Shopify is the best option to feed your online store.
25. Sell your art objects on Etsy
Etsy is the most popular online marketplace for craft products. From bracelets to phone cases, rings, furniture and more, Etsy is perfect for anyone who is creative and wants to sell his handmade creations. As long as you have the space, this can be one of the best ways to make money online which can be started with a very limited investment.
While Etsy is a great place to face potential customers who wouldn’t otherwise have found you, once you’re up and running and you’ve built a decent audience, you can move your store to Shopify or use them both.
26. Become an Instagram influencer
Create a sequel on your Instagram account and you could quickly earn extra money online. Major brands, product companies and even startups are willing to shell out a few hundred or thousand dollars per post to stand in front of your audience. As it becomes increasingly difficult to build a large Instagram audience, if you already have a solid niche and regularly publish quality content with a large camera to take Instagram photos, with a few small changes you can make yourself an influencer.
27. Sell your art and design
While Etsy is fantastic for the handmade products you have already created, if you have fantastic designs that would look good on phone cases, T-shirts or even tapestries, pillows and duvets, you can sell them on Spreadshirt, Hoplix or shoprintee, com without paying anything for start. These portals allow artists to upload their designs and create their own stores where they choose which products their designs can be used on. This means that a design can be used to create a whole range of fantastic products that are printed and shipped on demand every time someone buys from you. With the best creators who earn thousands of euros every month just from selling their projects.
28. Local business consultancy
If you’ve developed valuable skills or gained certifications in your industry over the years, offering your consulting services to local entrepreneurs can be a profitable way to make money online. Whether you are a marketing expert, a business strategist or a production enthusiast, there is likely to be a local entrepreneur willing to pay you to help him solve a problem with his company. Get started with this 18-step checklist.
- Start with your personal skill. You cannot be an effective consultant unless you bring value to the small business owner. Be relentless in your continuing education. You become more in demand and you can apply higher commissions based on the broader breadth of knowledge and experience.
- Check your experience level. It is rare for a small business owner to entrust their business to a small business consultant who has never owned a company before or to a consultant who does not have a high level of expertise in a specific subject area. An expert means having 10,000 hours of experience on the subject which they claim as competence. If you use a traditional 40-hour work week as a ruler, this means that you need at least 5 years of full-time experience with your small business topic to call yourself an expert.
- Determine your great why. Before you start planning your business and get customers, find out why you want to become a consultant for small businesses and why you want to help these owners. Why this specific target audience? What is your motivation? Knowing this will keep you going when you hit the inevitable bumps on the road along the way to build your business and serve your customers.
- Determine what “success” is for you personally. Keep an eye on the target. The definition of success differs from person to person. Take some time to view all the ways a successful counseling practice will unfold in your personal and professional life.
- Write a business plan. Go through all the same steps your client will have to go through, and work on your business model design. Things to consider: what legal format will you use, what are your mission and vision statements, what are your offers, your prices and your profit models. Include the resources needed to succeed, such as money, time, skills / knowledge, equipment and human resources. Set goals and targets for the next 1 year, 3 years and 5 years.
- Write a marketing plan. There are many small business consultants out there. How extraordinary will you be and stand out from the crowd? How will you get in touch with your audience and build relationships and trust? Will you use only traditional marketing techniques or will you combine traditional and online marketing? Which of the more than 100 techniques available will bring the best results? How much will you invest in marketing (in time and money)? What are the objectives of your marketing?
- Learn coaching skills. You will work with humans who have their set of strengths and weaknesses. Learn deep listening skills and how to ask meaningful questions to gain clarity and concentration. Find out how to make customers responsible for implementing their action plans and how to deal with difficult customer situations. You will find that you work as much with the mentality of the company owner as with the practical logistics of running a business.
- Choose a focus or a niche. Determine if your specialty requires a license or certification (financial and tax advisors, legal advisors, insurance advisors). Will you focus on a small topic area, such as email marketing strategies or will you be an expert who can help customers with a wide range of challenges and projects? Will you work with a particular-sized company based on the number of employees or revenue? Will you work only with local customers or will your consultancy be national / international?
- Decide if you intend to recommend them or do the work for them. Some consultants are more like tutors and advisors, who work with the small business owner to carry out planning and strategy activities. Other small business consultants provide a specific service as a subcontractor to increase client staff (such as part-time CFOs, website designers and copywriters).
- Discover the problems of most small business owners and formulate a strategy to define and solve them. Use readily available strategies, tools and assessments to help solve these problems or create customized strategies.
- Understand the seven areas of a business model in depth to help your customers in the areas that are causing the most damage or the best return on investment if they make a change.
- Arrange your business for maximum efficiency. Use models, automation and sales scripts. Take some time early in setting up your business to create these systems to free up time and attention for more important activities. Tip: you will teach these efficiencies to your customers.
- Get help with administrative and marketing work. Outsource activities that you do not want to do, that you are not experienced with, or that reduce the time that generates revenue.
- Turn your ego away. While your work can and should be meaningful to you, you are not a consultant for pumping your ego. You are a consultant to serve your customers. You will advise them, help them determine the pros and cons of each course of action, and then allow them to make their own decisions. You cannot prevent them from making unwise decisions or from not following an implementation plan. Likewise, if your client has a big win, it may be partly due to your advice, but a lot of the praise has to go to your client.
- Be honest about your personal development areas. Nobody’s perfect. Sometimes we procrastinate. Sometimes we get distracted. Sometimes we let anger or fear get the better of us. Sometimes we don’t communicate in the best possible way. Discover your weaknesses and learn how to overcome them or hire staff to help them deflect them.
- Choose the marketing techniques that lead qualified leads to the sales conversation. Keep track of your marketing relentlessly. If your marketing isn’t delivering the desired results, renew it. Do not choose marketing techniques because they are trendy if they do not lead or help create recognition for your brand.
- Learn about problem solving, decision making, project management and time management skills. These four skills will provide the support structure that you will offer to customers and will help you manage your business successfully.
- Learn from the masters. Why reinvent the wheel? You can discover expert shortcuts by paying attention to the main consultants in your sector. In any small business consulting niche there are always several people who have risen to the top of their profession. Study their offerings, their marketing methods, the way they manage their businesses and the way they work with customers. Determine whether these methods could also serve you and your customers.
29. Sell Stock Photos Online
If you have a passion and talent for taking photos, you can earn extra money online by becoming a photographer and selling your images to a photography company like ShutterStock or Adobe stock. You will receive royalties every time someone licenses an image they sent. To be truly successful, build your photography website to be able to showcase your portfolio and start getting more paid private business jobs.
30. Rent your home or room on AirBnB
Not only is Airbnb a great way to make extra money online by renting your spare bedroom, but you also get the added benefit of meeting new people (if that’s your thing). You can also rent a completely new apartment just to manage it as Airbnb.
But don’t make the mistake of thinking that this will be a passive source of income: you will be involved every time you have a guest and you will always have to keep the place clean for incoming visitors. In addition to simply renting on Airbnb, consider offering your guests additional paid bonuses, such as guided tours, bike rentals and much more.
31. Become a virtual assistant
If you have a knack for organization, you can make money online as a virtual assistant by helping people keep their days in order. A virtual assistant will do everything from accounting to research, database entry, travel booking and email management. It can also be a fantastic way to deal with some very important people, build your professional network and, of course, grow another revenue stream. Search for “become a virtual assistant” on Google and a new world will open up for you.
32. Teach English as a virtual tutor
Teaching English as a second language is a great way to make money online, not to mention opening some doors to travel the world if you wish. There are people in countries like Hong Kong or the United Arab Emirates who are willing to pay up to $ 25 / hour to teach them English via Skype. Look on Preply or Speakingathome.
33. Freelance writer for niche websites
If you are comfortable with writing and words and have experience in several niches, there are sites that will pay for articles and content you write. Think about the sites you read regularly. What can you contribute to them that would be interesting? A well known and interesting site in Italy is Melascrivi, where you can offer your contribution not only as a writer (ghost writer) but also as a translator.
34. Help professionals prepare with taxes
It’s not the kind of online money making opportunity that will cover you in glory, but everyone needs a set of eyes to make sure that the accounts come back later this year. Every business and most people need someone to help prepare tax returns, especially small business owners running out of time or resources. If you have skills in this area, job requests will certainly not fail, start by offering your services on Linkedin by contacting professionals and small businesses, then create your website and your community on social networks.
35. Transcribing audio and interviews
Journalists, doctors, lawyers, academics and researchers record interviews every day and need someone who transcribes what has been said, this practice is called spooling. So if you are comfortable listening to the same audio repeatedly as you write it, you can make money online by making transcriptions. Again, start by proposing yourself on Linkedin or job portals and over time build your site and be found online.
As long as there is still the written word, there will always be editors. Freelance editing and proofreading not only pays a decent hourly wage, but also gives you the opportunity to read about potentially interesting topics. In addition, pursuing freelance writing and editing as a business idea can offer you a lifestyle that allows you to travel the world as a digital nomad. On Jooble you can find many job offers from companies and individuals who need writing, proofreading and editing services, which makes this opportunity very popular for making money online.
37. Add your brand to existing products and sell them on Amazon
More than half a billion products are sold on Amazon every month, making it an incredible opportunity to make money online. But, like anything else that involves making money online, you need to do a lot of work to earn. An option on Amazon is to find products already made and buy and sell them at a discount. For example, you may be looking for generic products such as watches, keychains and mugs to link to your brand.
38. Online travel consultant
If you like to travel and you often find yourself looking for the best travel offers, why not carve out a niche as a private travel agent? Start with word of mouth advice from friends who know they can count on you for the cheapest flights, then go ahead and create a Facebook or LinkedIn group to invite people who want to stay on top of the latest offers. Eventually you could turn it into a full-time consultation that teaches people how to turn their dream trip into reality.
39. Cleaning search engines
Have you ever seen a Google result and say “How the hell did it get there?” While Google and other search engines use powerful algorithms to determine which pages to show for search results, there are real people who make money online making sure the machines are doing their job properly.
With sites like Appen and Lionbridge, you can make money by researching predefined search queries and providing feedback for results based on their relevance.
40. Participate in online contests for company names and slogans
Do you always think of a witty slogan? Do you dream of Mad Men-style advertising days? If you have even a little branding knowledge or just an imaginative mind, there are many opportunities to make money online through company names and slogan contests. If you think you have a talent for names, check out the Starbytes platform where you can earn some extra money online by naming brands, services, products, corporate slogans and even helping out on the logo design front if you have the skills.
41. Carry out data entry for companies
If you are picky about the details and have fast typing skills, you can make money online by entering data for companies. Just search for “online data entry jobs” on Indeed or UpWork.
42. Keep the fan pages of the artists
Your favorite artist, musician or entrepreneur often needs help keeping their fan pages on Twitter and Facebook. If you have some experience in social media, you can make money online by taking care of these pages by looking for work on Fiverr.
43. Take care of other people’s pets
This is a huge opportunity to make money online as a dog or cat sitter. Specialized sites like Rover or Petme find pet owners and help them take care of their best friends when they are at work or traveling. If you are an animal lover, you can earn extra money and spend some time with a furry friend.
44. Sell your old smartphone and other technical goods
There is a huge demand in the used smartphone sector worldwide. This means that that old phone you forgot in your locker could be worth serious money.
There are online sites that will buy your old smartphone, one of which is Swipit.it
45. Sell your old books
If you want to free up some space in the house and you have a large pile of books that have cluttered your space for too long, you can make money by selling your textbooks online. There are many sites that buy your books such as Il libraccio, comprovendolibri.it and pickmybook.it
46. Rent your car
If you own a car but barely use it, you can easily make money online by renting it on Auditing. Before you go out of your mind, rest assured knowing that there is an insurance policy on all rental cars, in addition to drivers who are screened.
47. Become an online news reporter or columnist
You don’t need to have a degree in journalism to make money online as a journalist or columnist these days. In addition, there are many news websites that can always use a little help in getting local coverage. Visit the online magazines and check at the bottom of the page if they are registered in the court and propose your collaboration.
48. Buy and sell domain names
Imagine being the owner of news.it for example. Domain that can safely be sold for a few hundred thousand euros or more…
Domain name trading has been around for the past two decades, and although most domain names have been sold for a long time, there are still many others you can get your hands on relatively cheaply and sell them as a way. to make money online. Or wait for these to expire by participating in online auctions of domains such as those offered on Match.it
49. Perform data analysis for companies
Do you have a talent for numbers? Many companies pay talented contractors who are good at analyzing data, making it a potentially profitable way to make money online if you have the right credentials and experience. Platforms like Upwork and the like are ideal for freelancers with a talent for analytics.
50. Online Personal Trainer or Fitness Coach
If you are a fitness enthusiast and have the right combination of charisma and business sense, working as a part-time online personal trainer can be rewarding both physically and financially. Once you build a reputation and customer base for yourself, it could easily turn into a full-time effort for you. Check out some of the best fitness blogs and see how they make money online with content sponsorships, affiliate earnings and product sales.
51. Subcontract the extra work and start an online agency
Once you have established yourself in one of the many vertical markets such as online freelancing, spending your time focusing only on sales and customer acquisition and then subcontracting your work to other freelancers can be a great way to make money online.
Rather than just selling your time, you will build a company that can scale and grow beyond your hours that you have to sell every day.
52. Edit online videos
The video is growing like never before. And more and more people are looking for professional help to cut their raw footage into viral content. If you have the right software and some skills, you can easily make money online as a video editor.
53. Build a niche website
Find an audience for your passion or hobby and you’re ready to make money online by doing something you love through a niche website. This is obviously easier said than done. Creating a profitable niche website takes time and is not meant for the faint hearted. However, if you can overcome the steep initial challenges and positively answer a few key questions about whether the business idea of the website you are thinking of is profitable, you can start building it and eventually monetize it through advertisements, affiliations or other relevant products..
54. Become an online customer service professional
Do you like talking to people and helping them overcome problems? You can earn extra revenue as a customer support operator for companies around the world. Due to the 24/7 nature of online businesses, companies are looking for people in different time zones to help solve the problems users are experiencing. Better yet, if you have experience in service or retail you will be perfectly suited.
55. Buy an existing website
Websites are not very different from actions. Many are junk, but some can generate serious earnings for you, making buying an existing website a strong potential idea for making money online (if you have an eye for locating the rough diamond).
You can buy and sell websites in the hope of generating future earnings based on user traffic, hiring current revenue, domain name or other factors that could be an opportunity from the hidden strengths that everyone else has overlooked.. Search the alverde.net forum.
56. Organize business seminars
Another way to use your talents and business skills is to organize business seminars online. Companies are always looking for unique ways to help educate their workforce, and if you can pack your talents in a day or half day session, you can sell them to companies around the world to make money online. Start by building a portfolio and then reach out to companies on LinkedIn to see if they are interested in teaching their teams.
57. Marketing consultant for small businesses
If you have experience with marketing, SEO or a talent to get people excited about the products and services you use on a regular basis, think about perfecting your skills and putting them to work making money online as a small business marketing consultant in your region. Especially if you can become a local SEO expert and help local customers rank higher in search results.
Companies of all sizes constantly need to attract more customers, and this is where you get into your business idea. Start by proposing creative marketing ideas to local businesses and you will be sure to amaze the first group of customers you start working with in your area.
With the explosion of online businesses, there has never been a better time to look for ways to make money online.
From huge life-changing endeavors such as starting a business, part-time consulting or client coaching or just answering surveys, there are definitely some ways you can start making money online today and feel more financially secure and protected.
What did I miss?
Let me know your personal ways to make money online (in the comments), share some details and I’ll add them to the list!